It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: V9 Updates
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:16 pm 
Glorwing Admin
Glorwing Admin

Greetings Glorwing!

Because some of you don't have access to the builder's forum, we wanted to keep everyone updated on our progress. Right now, we've outlined all the in-game areas for rp and re-imagined much of the world (please note, no rp will be removed or forgotten!). We're also working on mechanical changes and areas have even been built (or re-built!). Our progress is not only for the eyes of staff however, and we have even had 2 different “test mods” so we could get feedback from you, the players. Our first test mod (called “Fire Mountain”) was courtesy of our lead builder, Magical Master. It highlighted some of the mechanical changes and gave people a chance to see what the hardest monsters in the game would most likely be like. The second test mod (a taste of what Glorwing V9 will look like!) has been up every few weekends courtesy of our lead DM, Aperion. Be sure to keep an eye out for more test mod posting dates (as well as future updates on the status of V9). All of staff is hard at work at completing V9 and the finish line is within sight.

The admin team would like to especially thank everyone who's had a hand in v9, thus far:

Aperion
DM Space Walrus
Dvtown
Faded Lily
Failed Save
Fortis
Magical Master
Marybee
Mastersuntzu
Samhain
Wilshade

Please check back for more updates and if you would like to lend a hand, please send a PM to any one of the following:

Aperion
Dvtown
Ren
Thrasher Dreadlock

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you in the world!

-The Admin Team :D

Post subject: Re: V9 Updates
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:27 pm 
Glorwing Admin
Glorwing Admin

**Update**

This update is courtesy lead DM Aperion:

Through the efforts of Aperion and Failed Save, a good portion of the overworld is constructed. The Northern Ranges (Blacksilver), The Badlands (Dry Town), and The Crystal Coast all have their overworld tiles and placeables designed. Also, significant portions of Glorwing/Byrne and Dun Ammon Desert are also complete. On behalf of all Glorwingers, thank you to both Aperion and Failed Save for all this hard work.

Aperion will post dates and times where you can peek in and see the changes yourself, and if you'd like to schedule a private viewing, please send a pm to Aperion. While we were originally aiming to have V9 done by April, we see that is just not a possibility. We will continue to update with our progress, please bear with us at this time.

Thank you!
-The Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:56 pm 
Glorwing Admin
Glorwing Admin

**Update**

The following update is courtesy lead DM Aperion:

Frosthorne (Eagle's Nest and Arbar) has the first few areas finished so far, thanks to the building efforts of Mastersuntzu and Failed Save. Frosthorne is one region that has more than a few good ideas, and with a little love we can really make them work.

This update is courtesy builder Dvtown:

Dvtown is working on a surprise new region! It will consist of many new areas with new creatures for V9. This may well be the first game-ready region of V9.

Thank you Dvtown & Aperion!

-The Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:10 pm 
Glorwing Admin
Glorwing Admin

**Update**

The following update is courtesy lead builder Magical Master:

Although there's a lot of technical details, the custom coding for the module is also fairly well assembled, although we're still a ways out from an active test server at this point.

The following update is courtesy lead DM Aperion:

We've reached the halfway mark on overland construction! We're getting fairly close to finishing out Frosthorne, which should be done in about a week or two. Mastersuntzu has all but 2 regions completed this weekend in Frosthorne and will then complete the other two by no later than Tuesday.

Thank you Magical Master and Aperion for the updates!

At this time we would like to recognize Mastersuntzu for picking up the Frosthorne region. He's created some very pretty areas which Aperion says he can't wait to get assembled and start working on the lighting, weather, and skyboxes for it. Without him, we wouldn't be so far along with this region. Thank you Mastersuntzu! And thank you everyone who's working day and night to get Glorwing V9 going!

-The Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:39 pm 
Glorwing Admin
Glorwing Admin

**Update**

The following update is courtesy lead builder, Magical Master.

Mechanical changes, for balance, continue, including some cool new features for those who play bards!
And unlike what Leo said in a certain movie - bards will not suck here!

The following update is courtesy builder, Mastersuntzu.

Frosthorne is complete! The zone builders are now focusing on the Fertile Crescent.

-The Admin Team

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:04 pm 
Glorwing Admin
Glorwing Admin

**Update**

The following update is courtesy builder, Mastersuntzu.

Fertile Crescent is near completion! The build team now has their sights set on Port Sunrise.

More updates to follow!

-The Admin Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:20 pm 
Glorwing Admin
Glorwing Admin

**Update**

Overland construction continues! We're nearing the 75% completion mark now. Dungeon construction is expected to begin in a few weeks.

More updates on Monday, June 14th!

-The Admin Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:36 pm 
Glorwing Lead DM
Glorwing Lead DM

Hi. Quick update on rooms, housing, etc., we're going to leave the option to claim your housing open for longer for those who haven't done so yet. Now keep in mind that when we're close to getting things squared away on the building side that we will be closing the thread. Once closed, all unclaimed houses are forefit. Please, please please get your claims in sooner than later!

Look to those who walked before to lead those who walk after

Shining is the Land's light of justice
Ever flows the Land's well of purpose
Walk free, walk free, walk free, believe...
The Land is alive, so believe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgEg8kXmifo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:07 pm 
Glorwing Admin
Glorwing Admin

**Update**

The regional backstory continues to progress. We are experimenting with multi-layered canopy forests, as well as new player races!

We have a new builder, Gonzo, who is looking over the world and will soon dive in to help with building. We look forward to his talents and contributions.

Welcome Gonzo, and thank you everyone! We'll keep you posted with more to come.

-The Admin Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:30 pm 
Glorwing Admin
Glorwing Admin

**Update**

Last night I had the privilege to be taken on a tour of the new Fertile Crescent region. In a word... gorgeous! I was able to see the varied land forms from a dust bowl to estuaries to high mountain peaks. This region is indicative of the hard work that has gone into all the regions. With the Fertile Crescent completed, the build team is turning their sights on the few remaining regions that have not been built.

We'll try to set up a public viewing in the near future so everyone can see what an incredible job the build team has done. The staff has a whole have been amazing and the effort is ongoing. Many, many thanks to everyone who's helped out so far and if there's anyone else who'd like to lend a hand, please send a PM to me (Ren)!

-The Admin Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:42 pm 
Glorwing Admin
Glorwing Admin

**Update**

The Fertile Crescent is complete! Work has begun on Darkwoods and the Port Sunrise region. We are happy to announce that everyone will get to see what the build team has been up to thusfar. If you've registered on the boards, be on the lookout for a mass e-mail regarding the dates and times of the preview (you should be getting the e-mail within the week!).

Thanks (again!) to everyone involved!

-The Admin Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:26 pm 
Glorwing Admin
Glorwing Admin

**Update**

Hello Glorwing!

As hinted at last week, we are pleased to announce 4 new playable races!

They are - Tiefling, Aasimar, Drow (both of evil and good faction) and Kithain (fey-touched).

Here's a screenshot preview!:

-The Admin Team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:03 am 
Glorwing Lead DM
Glorwing Lead DM

Hi, just a quick one tonight.

Several public forums have been shuffled around, including old archives and organization roleplay which have been moved into subforums. None of the private forums have been moved, and nothing has been deleted. This is just a preparation move for when we're ready to relaunch the forums.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:38 pm 
Glorwing Lead DM
Glorwing Lead DM

In the next few days, some long-needed forum reorganization is going to take place. Posts are going to be transferred around, and several forums are going to disappear. You may have noticed some names have already changed. This is in preparation for the changeover. Some are just cosmetic namechanges, but others are more functional.

Here's the breakdown of what's going on that you will see:
The Cornerhouse Inn (formerly Roleplay Stories) -- now a general IC forum for people to post interactions, bulletin notices, RP stories, journals, most anything in-character will be delegated to this one forum, not just RP stories. This is the second half of the move of the public guild forums. The final move on this will happen when we are ready to transfer the private guild forums and reset permissions on those, but that is further down the line.

Tech Forums: These are being significantly condensed and downsized. Something like 4 of the forums will be gone.

OOC Forums: The goal is to bring these two forums down to just two: General Glorwing and Off-Topic.

Because these moves are very significant reworks of the forums, we have to go through these forums first before we move all the threads over to their new homes, so this will take some time. We're also working on redoing the Staff forums at the same time and rebuilding permissions, custom groups, and other stuff I don't quite get yet.

The short-short version is that we're giving the place a long overdue cleaning so it's easier to navigate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:01 pm 
Glorwing Lead DM
Glorwing Lead DM

It's been more than a month, so it's time to update this.

1. We're going to wind down the last events and subplots in the next two months and we won't be starting new ones after this. Further changes to the story runs the risk of severely impacting the V9 write-ups, and....
2. Having received the final mechanical changes, we're going to begin assembling a working module. Yes, a real, working module with scripting, haks, NPCs, monsters, items, everything.
3. The timeframe is still tentative, but we want to get the V9 Prelude module up before this year is over. We're really trying to make this happen.
4. Start thinking about what you want to do with your characters in V9. The first indication that we're going to launch is when we set up the Bio Approval forum for new (mandatory) bios.

That's it for now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:10 pm 
Glorwing Admin
Glorwing Admin

March 2011 Update

We apologize for the great delay, a lot of staff members had major life events occur.

That said...

Glorwing community, we are now calling for your help! We are officially looking for play testers who are interested in helping us debug the current test module. If you are interested, please PM Dvtown and see his post here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:47 pm 
Glorwing Admin
Glorwing Admin

**Update**

Hello Glorwing!

This update is coming on the heels of a tremendous amount of work done by our DM & Build Teams (led by our very own Aperion & Dvtown). We are rapidly approaching the launch of Glorwing V9, so it’s time to dust off your bios and start thinking about your characters.

On the topic of bios, going forward all bios will be public. Changes have occurred to the Pantheon and many restrictions on character class have been lessened. The sub-races that we have been working on will also be deployed based on storyline concerns. Have no fear, you WILL get a chance to play them!

There is also an exciting and dynamic storyline that kicks off as soon as we go live!
(psst.. hints for this can be seen in the 'Tales from the Cornerhouse Inn' forum)

On the topic of guilds, it is the unanimous decision of staff to suspend guilds and gangs at the start of V9 (have no fear, their history has not been destroyed!) If you have characters in a guild or gang, you can represent them in game but this needs to be shown in your V9 bio. Our hope is that those of you who are passionate about your former guilds or gangs will try to resurrect them. New rules concerning guilds will be debuted after V9 goes live. Part of the reason for this is storyline concerns. I would tell you more but… :twisted:

Moving on! Here is just a small sampling of new systems that our build team has implemented (courtesy of Dvtown):

Random Spawn system - That classic game pause before creature spawn will become a thing of the past and you may not know what hit you!
New Areas to Explore - The plot planned for v9 required the creation of a virtual playground of exploration that has been integrated. Tons of new areas, adapted creatures, CEP creatures, treasure, and of course danger.
AND! A mapping system that will allow PC's to map areas they have explored for a quick reveal during the next visit.

Stay tuned, the finish line is in sight!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]